TAKE YOUR PICK WITH PRE-CONFERENCE PROGRAMMING
This year we’re pleased to invite you to arrive to the Conscious Capitalism 2017 conference early to explore bonus opportunities and expand your connection to Conscious Capitalism!
- Have you heard about the Holacracy management system and been wondering how it could be seamlessly implemented within your own organization?
- Ever wondered what it’s taken to make Whole Foods Market the conscious company it set out to be and has been so successful in becoming?
- Curious how what started as a small health food restaurant named sweetgreen turned into a national movement where passion and purpose come together?
Please note that the dates/times of all events overlap, so each attendee may only sign up for ONE event.
Holacracy Taster Workshop with Brian Robertson, Co-Founder and Partner, HolacracyOne (on site)
Tuesday, April 18th, 8:30am – 12:30pm, $150 Workshop Fee
This workshop introduces Holacracy, a “social technology” for structuring, governing, and running a company.
The program includes the following sections, with Q&A throughout:
• Brief overview of Holacracy – what it is and how it’s structured.
• Simulation of a “tactical meeting”: how to triage operational issues quickly and reliably.
• Simulation of a “governance meeting”: how to evolve the organization’s structure to better align the work to the company’s purpose.
• Debriefs, discussion and Q&A to dive into the learning from the simulations.
Who is it for?
• Organizational decision-makers interested in getting a “taste” of how Holacracy works.
• Executives exploring adopting Holacracy for their organization and interested in a first low-commitment experience.
Whole Foods Market Flagship Store Tour (.7 mi from Sheraton*)
Tuesday, April 18th, 10:30am – 12:30pm
Max 20 people. Free to CC registrants.
Whole Foods Market has always done things differently. From the early days to present time, their leadership has stayed true to their purpose, with laser focus, while bending and flexing with new information, understanding and practice. Join Whole Foods Market regional representatives for a tour and discussion about how they’ve found success for all of their stakeholders while staying the course and elevating their industry.
*Note that transportation is not included
sweetgreen Shop Tour (.5 mi from Sheraton*)
Tuesday, April 18th, 10:30am – 12:30pm
Max 30 people. Free to CC registrants.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with food. They believe the choices we make about what we eat, where it comes from and how it’s prepared have a direct and powerful impact on the health of individuals, communities and the environment. From the seed to the store, they’re involved in every step of the supply chain, working with partners and farmers they know and trust, and they make their food from scratch, using whole produce delivered that morning. They’ve worked hard to build a company with passion and purpose, substance and style — and they’re just getting started. Join representatives from the sweetgreen team to hear how they make it all happen, with gusto!
*Note that transportation is not included.
Chapter Leaders Training with Alexander McCobin, Co-CEO, and Jess Peabody, Community Manager, Conscious Capitalism, Inc. (on site)
Monday, April 17th 1:30pm – 5:30pm and Tuesday, April 18th, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Free for CC registrants.
Designed for Leaders of currently existing Chapters in the Conscious Capitalism Chapter Network, this two-day practical, hands-on workshop will explore best practices for accelerating chapter development and impart creative solutions to common challenges. You will gain new insights on how to utilize the best practices and experiences of other Conscious Capitalism Chapters to improve the evolution of your own chapter. Join us for this unique opportunity to meet and share learning with other Chapter Leaders from across the globe!