- This event has passed.
Conscious Capitalism Portland – Creating Psychological Safety at Work
September 26, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$15 – $20
Does your team feel like they can take risks?
Join us Wednesday, September 26th for a panel discussion on Psychological Safety at Work with local PDX business leaders.
This discussion will focus on why psychological safety is critical in our teams and how can we, as leaders, get better at it.
One of the tenets of Conscious Capitalism is Conscious Leadership. If we’re lucky, we’ve had the experience of working for a leader who recognizes that part of their job is to create psychological safety; a leader who:
- Values us as individuals
- Allows us to make mistakes & learn
- Encourages us to innovate and take risks
- Recognizes our strengths, and helping us to achieve our potential
- Creates an environment of harmony and respect
But unfortunately, many of us have worked with a different kind of leader, who may:
- Have limited interaction with their people, only related to tasks
- Punish us when we make mistakes
- Keep things the way they’ve always been
- Treat people differently
- Look the other way when there is bullying, disrespect and disharmony
We’ll discuss: Why is it important to create psychological safety? How can we spot if there is a problem? Is it possible for us, as employees to create it for ourselves?
Portions of this event will be filmed, if you do not wish to appear on camera, please let us know.
Event Details: We’ll have a panel discussion including a Q&A segment along with additional time to connect and share.
Appetizers and 1 beer/wine will be provided with registration.