As 2017 comes to a close and I consider the achievements of the past year, I’m incredibly grateful to you and the global Conscious Capitalism community.
2017 was a year of great change, challenges, and triumphs for the Conscious Capitalism movement. Here are just a few of the things that the movement did in 2017:
- Conscious Capitalism, Inc. ran our first chapter conference in San Francisco for over 200 attendees in February.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer welcomed us to “The City of Brotherly Love” with two articles about the 2017 Annual Conference: At Conscious Capitalism conference retailers like REI, Dansko, Greyston say you can do good and make money & No skills tests, no background checks, just a life-saving job at a bakery.
- We launched the Heroes of Conscious Capitalism project with 28 individuals from 23 companies.
- Conscious Capitalism’s first Student Business Plan Competition brought 4 finalists from 4 universities and two countries together, with DEW Tanzania winning the grand prize.
- Conscious Capitalism grew to 40 active chapters in 13 countries.
- Whole Foods Market and Amazon joined forces.
- We launched the Conscious Capitalism blog, Elevations, to provide regular updates and commentary for the Conscious Capitalism community.
- The Austin Business Journal shared what it was like to be at the CEO Summit
- Conscious Capitalism partnered with the Texas Black Expo to provide micro grants for small businesses in Houston to recover after Hurricane Harvey
- Conscious Capitalism worked with The Middleby Company to provide ovens and relief in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
As we reflect back on 2017, I want to ask you the same questions we have been asking ourselves on the CCI team:
- What are you grateful for?
- What is the most valuable lesson you learned this year?
- What is your intention for next year?
Thank you, again, for being part of the Conscious Capitalism community, and for all you are doing to elevate humanity through business!
CEO, Conscious Capitalism, Inc.
CCI has labored to develop a robust community of like-minded business leaders who believe in the power of business to elevate humanity. With your help, we can accomplish even more in 2018. Please consider making a tax-deductible gift this year by visiting www.consciouscapitalism.org/donate.